Next training date: August 6-9, 2019
Application closed, due to reaching applicant capacity. Notification of acceptance or denial no later than: July 15th by 5pm
RTP Next Steps is a 4-day highly interactive training designed for advanced Peer Specialists to gain new skills and experiences, learn with and from each other, and come to a common understanding of recovery through some of the current best practices in peer support. RTP Next Steps uses a Collaborative Learning approach and involves outside preparation. In Collaborative Learning, the participants are the “content experts” and the facilitators are guides to set up experiences that allow the participants to share their working knowledge of each area that is being explored. By applying to this training, you are agreeing to participate fully in the Collaborative Learning environment.
Registration Fees and Travel Arrangements
- The registration fee is waived for this training.
- Training begins at 9 am each morning and ends at 5:00 pm all four days.
- Via Hope will provide hotel rooms for up to 5 nights (starting the night before the training), for everyone who is attending the training. Lunch will be provided each day; the hotel provides a complimentary breakfast.
- Candidates selected to participate in this training are responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel to and from the training, their evening meals, and any other incidental expenses.
- Priority is given to Peer Specialists who have been employed or volunteering at least one half time (20 hours a week or more), for a minimum of six months. All applicants must have a current Mental Health Peer Specialist, Recovery Support Peer Specialist certification, Peer Recovery Specialist or Recovery Coach designation.