About Us (Via Hope’s Identity Statement)
Invest. Re-Envision. Respond.
We will invest in people and organizations who want to re-envision mental health. We will respond to the needs of our partners and colleagues in the Texas mental health system to build environments of compassion and healing.
We will passionately promote the power and wisdom of people with lived experience as necessary leaders in all of our work.
We will support the growth of Certified Peer Specialist and Certified Family Partner workforces in Texas by:
- Providing high quality training and continuing education to Certified Peer Specialists and Certified Family Partners;
- Creating innovative programs and policies to support the professional development of Certified Peer Specialists and Certified Family Partners as workforces in Texas;
- Offering quality support and technical assistance to support organizations who currently employ peer specialists and family partners; and
- Connecting Certified Peer Specialists and Certified Family Partners throughout the state to build statewide power and capacity.
We will connect people throughout the state to build and strengthen networks of passionate mental health professionals by:
- Gathering Certified Peer Specialist and Certified Family Partner leaders as well as recovery-oriented clinicians to help build Via Hope programs and grow the presence and power of the workforces; and
- Offering and promoting platforms for relationship building, consultation and education through webinars, conferences, collaborations and events.
We will invest in Texas mental health systems to catalyze the movement towards recovery by:
- Partnering with mental health organizations throughout the state to change policy and culture in their workplace to be person-centered, family-centered and trauma-responsive;
- Ensuring that our programs and partnerships are intersectional and inclusive through collaboration with experts in their respective fields; and
- Providing training and consultation to mental health professionals including clinicians, executive leadership, and support staff on topics like person-centered recovery planning, peer specialist and family partner integration, and recovery-oriented care.
We will uplift and support emerging and established leaders, with a specific emphasis on amplifying the voices of people with lived experience, by:
- Developing innovative programs and trainings to spark peoples’ strengths, creativity, and confidence as leaders;
- Providing ongoing opportunities for collaboration, intentional networking and both organizational and programmatic support for peer run organizations;
- Cultivating environments where people feel empowered to become leaders and have the support they need to flourish; and
- Promoting the vision, creativity and leadership of our workforce in the community and beyond.
We exist to amplify the vision that all people, families, and communities deserve to thrive and not just survive! For us, this will look like:
- Self-determination for all people and families in decisions related to their health and spirit;
- Systems imbued with core principles of resiliency, compassion, and trust, that listen and respond to the needs of their communities;
- A socially and politically equitable world free from stigma;
- A culture where authenticity and transparency around lived experience is seen and valued as a necessary strength in leadership.