Mental Health Peer Specialist Training
Next Training: November 16-20, 2020
(online, interactive training)
Application deadline: October 12, by 5pm | Acceptance notification: October19 , by 5pm
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis Via Hope is offering the Mental Health Peer Specialist training online. While the content of the training will not change the delivery method will vary. This means that the content will be provided via Zoom technology, polls, chats, whiteboards and short interactive breakout sessions online. Individual computer access is required for this training. Participants cannot login in a group environment.
The Core training must be completed *before* you apply to the 5-day training.
- Application Fee is $650
- You must have passed the Core training assessment prior to applying for this training.
- An invoice will be sent and payment must be received no later than 2 (two) weeks before the training date. * If the applicant is unable to attend for a valid reason and notifies Via Hope at least three business days prior to the training, a full refund will be provided.
Training Eligibility Requirements
- Individuals must be age 18 or older.
- Individuals must be a high school graduate or have completed a G.E.D.
- Individuals must have lived experience in mental health recovery and a desire to use her/his experiences to help others with their recovery.
- Individuals must be willing to publicly identify as a person with lived experience in order to model the reality of recovery.
Application, Selection, and Participation Requirements
- The application must be completed in its entirety.
- **Two letters of recommendation must be uploaded with the application**.
- Applicants must agree to attend and actively participate in five full days of training.
- Participants may request to be excused for a maximum of four (4) hours for legitimate emergency situations. Via Hope reserves the right to approve or deny the request.
- Attendees will participate in discussion and role-plays utilizing personal experiences as individuals in recovery, rather than clinical roles or training.
- Participants must pass the exam following training to be eligible to apply for certification.