Via Hope Peer Specialist Training Program Libraries for Health
Open July 14 – July 24, 2023
Behavioral Health Education and Training Grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
The Via Hope Peer Specialist Program is accepting applications specifically for the Libraries for Health (L4H) program, a second cohort of the Level 1 of a 4-year pilot program. This is a peer specialist training program that will provide initial training for certification and placement for the 250 field hours. The Libraries for Health initiative will involve identifying new and innovative ways to bring health initiatives where they are needed most – particularly in rural and under-resourced communities. .
Application, Selection, and Participation Requirements:
- The application must be completed in its entirety.
- The program consists of 6 months of initial placement and additional placement after initial certification is completed (2 years).
- Applicants must agree to attend and actively participate in all aspects of the program.
- Attendees will participate in discussion and role-plays during trainings, utilizing personal experiences as individuals in recovery rather than clinical roles or training.
- Participants will receive a part-time salary of $21 per hour, a stipend (5K), and library placement for experiential training.
- Please only apply for Del Valle area comfortable travel distance.
Note: This position will cover two public libraries in Del Valle: Elroy and Garfield