Via Hope Peer Specialist Training Program
Level 2 – Apprenticeship Program
Behavioral Health Education and Training Grant (BHWET)
from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
The Via Hope Peer Specialist Program is accepting applications for the first cohort of the Level 2 (Apprenticeship) 4 year pilot program. This is a peer specialist training program that will continue the practical application and hands on work of the certified peer specialists in non-traditional settings and create the first registered apprenticeship program for peer specialists in Texas. The overall goal of the program is to improve health outcomes for people served in primary care, criminal justice, and houseless service settings.
This application is open until all apprenticeship positions are filled.
About This Application
- The application must be completed in its entirety.
- The program consists of a 12-month apprenticeship.
- Applicants must agree to attend and actively participate in all aspects of the program.
- Attendees will be required to participate in interactive trainings.
- Participants will receive placement for experiential learning, where they will receive an hourly wage of a minimum of $22 per hour.
- Participants will receive a stipend of $7,500, to be disbursed quarterly in the amount $1,875 based on milestones achieved. The stipend does not cover time for trainings.