Via Hope Peer Specialist Training Program
Level 2 – Apprenticeship Program
Behavioral Health Education and Training Grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
The Via Hope Peer Specialist Program is accepting applications for the first cohort of the Level 2 (Apprenticeship) 4 year pilot program. This is a peer specialist training program that will continue the practical application and hands on work of the certified peer specialists in non-traditional settings and create the first registered apprenticeship program for peer specialists in Texas. The overall goal of the program is to improve health outcomes for people served in primary care, criminal justice, and houseless service settings.
Application, Selection, and Participation Requirements
- The application must be completed in its entirety.
- The program consist of 12 months apprenticeship.
- Applicants must agree to attend and actively participate in all aspects of the program.
- Attendees will participate in discussion and role-plays utilizing personal experiences as individuals in recovery, rather than clinical roles or training.
- Participants will receive a stipend and placement for experiential training (no salary).