Via Hope Peer Specialist Training Program
Application open October 20-November 13, 2023
Behavioral Health Education and Training Grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
The Via Hope Peer Specialist Program is accepting applications for the fourth cohort of the Level 1 of a 4 year pilot program. This is a peer specialist training program that will provide initial training for certification and placement for the 250 field hours. The overall goal of the program is to improve health outcomes for people served in primary care, criminal justice, and houseless service settings.
Applicants have the option to select their preferred placement site on the application. Applicants should live in or near the same city as the placements sites.
Status notifications will be emailed November 20, 2023.
Application, Selection, and Participation Requirements
- The application must be completed in its entirety.
- The program consist of 9 months placement.
- Applicants must agree to attend and actively participate in all aspects of the program.
- Attendees will participate in discussion and role-plays, during trainings, utilizing personal experiences as individuals in recovery, rather than clinical roles or training.
- Participants will receive a stipend and placement for experiential training (no salary).