Next class: July 16-21, 2018
San Antonio Clubhouse in San Antonio, TX
Application deadline: June 15th | Acceptance Notice: June 20th
Application deadline extended to June 22nd
Please read the CPS Application Supplement before completing the application.
This training is intended for individuals who will use their lived experience with mental health recovery in a role where their primary function is providing peer support. It is not intended for people who work exclusively in clinical or administrative positions. If you are interested in sharing your lived experience as part of your job, but your primary role is not providing peer support, please consider attending Intentional Peer Support training (Please note IPS is not a certification).
For more information, vist: intentionalpeersupport.org
Application and Registration Fees
- The registration for Certified Peer Specialist training is $650.
- The registration fee covers all class supplies and materials plus daily breakfast and lunch.
- If accepted for training an invoice will be sent via email to the applicant or the applicant’s employer, and payment must be received no later than 4 (four) week before the training date.
Training Eligibility Requirements
- Individuals must be age 18 or older.
- Individuals must be a high school graduate or have completed a G.E.D.
- Individuals must have lived experience in mental health recovery and a desire to use her/his experiences to help others with their recovery.
- Individuals must be willing to publicly identify as a person with lived experience in order to model the reality of recovery.
Via Hope actively welcomes a diverse group of training applicants with respect to race, color, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, and lived experience.
Application, Selection, and Participation Requirements
- The application must be completed in its entirety.
- Two letters of recommendation must be uploaded with the application.
- Enrollment is limited; priority is given to applicants currently employed or volunteering in a peer position.
- Selection is based primarily on information provided in this application. However, a telephone interview may also be conducted. Completing the application does not guarantee acceptance to the training.
- Applicants must agree to attend and actively participate in five full days of training.
- Attendees will participate in discussion and role-plays utilizing personal experiences as individuals in recovery, rather than clinical roles or training.
- Participants must pass a written exam given the day after the final day of the training to become certified.
- Via Hope reserves the right to determine participation and certification status.