Next class: October 22-24th, 2018
*extended* Application deadline: September 21st by 5pm
Acceptance notifications: by September 24th by 5pm
Application and Registration Fees
- The registration for Certified Family Partner training is $725.
- The registration fee covers all class supplies and materials plus lunch daily.
- If accepted for training, an invoice will be sent via email to the applicant and must be paid 2 (two) weeks prior to the training.
- Candidates selected to participate in this training are responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel.
- Individuals must be age 18 or older.
- Individuals must be a high school graduate or have completed a G.E.D.
- Individuals must be the parent or legal authorized representative of a child/youth with a mental, emotional or behavioral health condition and have at least one year of experience navigating a child‐serving system.
- Individuals must be willing to openly identify as a parent or caregiver with lived experience parenting a child with an emotional or mental health disorder when providing services.
Application, Selection, and Participation Requirements
- The application must be completed in its entirety.
- Two letters of recommendation must be uploaded with the application.
- Enrollment is limited by class size. Priority is given to individuals currently employed as family partners. If space is available, individuals with employment offers contingent on taking the training may be accepted.
- Selection is based on information provided in this application and a telephone interview. Completion of the application does not guarantee acceptance.
- Class participants must attend and actively participate in the full three days of training. Participants will participate in discussion and role‐plays utilizing personal experiences as parents or caregivers with lived experience.
- Participants who complete the training must also pass a multiple choice certification exam to become certified. For the convenience of the participant, this exam will be given the afternoon of the last day of training. (If a participant does not pass the examination on the first attempt, they will be allowed to take the exam again. If the participant does not pass the examination on the second attempt, they must retake the certification training before they may take the exam for the last time.)
Via Hope actively welcomes a diverse group of training applicants with respect to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, and lived experience.
If you have a supervisor that has not yet taken the training, please refer them to the CFP Supervisor Training Application.