Person Centered Recovery Planning
Person-centered care has been recognized as a promising tool for transforming the current behavioral health system and restoring certain elementary freedoms to individuals receiving services and their loved ones (Institute of Medicine, 2001).
The PCRP program exists to promote implementation of this practice at a variety of provider organizations across the state. In 2012, the Via Hope Recovery Institute launched its PCRP pilot phase, working with three community mental health centers and one state hospital. The next phase will include tools and support related to site-based training and organization wide implementation strategies.
2018 PCRP Learning Community
For the 2018 Person Centered Recovery Planning (PCRP) program, Via Hope will offer a learning community focused on capacity building for site-based PCRP training. The learning community will be comprised of teams of individuals from organizations that intend to provide PCRP training, using curriculum developed by Via Hope. The program is designed to support trainers as they elevate their knowledge of the practice of PCRP and their skills as trainers and facilitators. Details of the 2018 PCRP Learning Community were announced during a webinar on January 24th. Download materials from this webinar.
Go here to find out more about the 2018 PCRP Learning Community and how to apply by viewing the following documents:
- Application Supplement – program details, timeline of activities, and requirements
- Application Preview – a PDF of the online application for you to prepare answers prior to submitting online
For more details on the pilot program in 2012, see the Texas Institute for Excellence in Mental Health evaluation report.
Have questions? Contact the PCRP Coordinator.
- Advancing Effective Communication, Cultural Competence, & Patient and Family-Cent… (JCAHO)
- Getting In the Driver’s Seat of Your Treatment: Preparing for Your Plan (Yale PRCH)
- Overview of Person Centered Planning – November 2, 2011 by Janis Tondora Read More
- 2018 PCRP Learning Community Application Supplement
- 2018 PCRP Program Announcement and Implementation Booster
- 2018 PCRP Learning Community Application Preview
- Person-Centered Recovery Planning Workshop – March 28-29