Job Title: YPR Chapter Lead
Employer’s Name: Young People in Recovery
Location of the position: Houston, TX
Full time, part time, permanent, short-term, contracted position: Part-time (20 hours per week)
Brief (1-2 sentence) organization description: YPR’s mission is to provide the life skills and peer supports to help people recover from substance use disorder and reach their full potential.
General instructions to apply: Please submit resume and letter of interest to the job board you apply through and email@example.com with the subject line “Houston Chapter Lead”. Please indicate where you saw this posting or how you heard about the position.
Job role and purpose: YPR is seeking individuals to facilitate the launch and running of a local YPR chapter in their respective communities.
- Experience working successfully with diverse communities
- Understanding of substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery
- Positive and supportive attitude toward all pathways of recovery
- Sensitivity and awareness of the unique needs and stigmas associated with underserved populations
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Experience working successfully with young adults
- Experience working successfully with people with substance use disorders
- Experience working successfully with those involved in the criminal justice system
- Previous training and certification in trauma-informed response, cultural competency, and peer education
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
To whom the position reports (supervisor): Brendon Hamacher
Salary and benefits info: Compensation: $10 per hour. No benefits
Deadline for application: Until Filled