Job Title: Program Services Coordinator (Peer Support)
Location: Austin, TX
Status: Full-time exempt, benefits-eligible
General instructions to apply: Go to LifeWorks website (https://www.lifeworksaustin.org/), Get Involved > Careers
Job Role and Purpose:
With more than 50 years of experience working with youth experiencing homelessness, youth aging out of foster care, young adults, and young parents, we are a fearless advocate for youth and families seeking their path to self-sufficiency. We have one of the most comprehensive continuums of housing and support options for vulnerable youth in the country. We are committed to innovative problem solving, shared accountability, and a relentless focus on achieving real, sustainable, and measurable results for the clients we serve. A career at LifeWorks offers opportunities to grow and develop your professional skills while making an immediate difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
The Program Services Coordinator (PSC) manages, coordinates, and provides services in compliance with policies and procedures. The Program Services Coordinator supervises a team of peer support specialists that are trained in the effective use of lived experience and recovery to support transition-aged youth (TAY) who have experienced trauma, substance use, and/or mental health challenges.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field and (3) years experience; or
- Equivalent combined education and experience.
- Requires certification as a Peer Specialist or Peer Recovery Support Specialist
- Requires having maintained own recovery over last 2-year period.
- Preferred (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Experience with databases; proficient level experience with Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Reports to: Director, Community Based Services
Salary and Benefits:
This full-time, exempt position earns a competitive rate and benefits, including 24 PTO days per year (accrued); 11 paid holidays per year; a premium-free employee medical plan with a $100 per month HSA contribution (plus other affordable employee or family medical, dental, and vision options!); a retirement savings plan with 50% match on the first 6% of contributions, and much more!