Job Title: Peer Support Specialist
Employer’s Name: HUG ME Ink
Location of the position: San Antonio, Texas
Full time, part time, permanent, short-term, contracted position: Full Time
Brief (1-2 sentence) organization description: HUG ME Ink’s mission is to advocate and educate on mental health awareness and bullying prevention through the arts. We envision a world that inspires people in recovery to live fulfilling lives through their own creativity.
General instructions to apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job role and purpose:
HUG ME Ink is currently seeking the following position for our new office space.
PEER SUPPORT SPECIALIST: Use their lived experience in mental health recovery to assist other adults in their mental health recovery by providing social service referrals, facilitating empowerment trainings, and running support groups.
This is a full-time position. No more than 40 hours a week. Our ideal work schedule would be Mon-Friday, 9a-5p; however if we have night classes or groups, hours will be flexed. No benefits, Grant funded for one year.
– High School Diploma/GED
– Customer Service
– Computer (Typing, Microsoft Office including Publisher)
– Office Skills (Computer, answering phones, copying, faxing, etc)
– One year of experience working on recovery and able to manage own wellness
– Agree to disclose own mental illness diagnosis for the purpose of educating, role modeling, and providing hope to others about the reality of recovery
– Certified Peer Specialist or Recovery Coach Certification, preferred.
To whom the position reports (supervisor): Cindy Trevino, Operations Manager
Salary and benefits info: $14/hour. No benefits.
Deadline for application: September 25, 2020