Via Hope is seeking an experienced Chief Executive Officer to lead the organization through an exciting period of transition and growth. This person will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization with a specific emphasis on development and fundraising. In this role, the Chief Executive Officer will work closely with the management team and the Board of Directors to achieve strategic objectives, including the expansion of programs into new areas and populations. Via Hope places a high priority on community partnerships, facilitative leadership, and systems change. We are in search of a CEO whose approach to organizational development and community-building reflect the core values that our mission aims to spread – resiliency, compassion, authenticity, healing-centered approaches, and a true commitment to the wisdom of lived experience and those closest to the work.
Via Hope is a non-profit training and consulting organization that traces its roots to the 2003 final report of the President’s New Freedom Commission “Achieving the Promise.” This commission called for fundamentally transforming the nation’s mental health system to a consumer, family, and youth-driven Recovery Model, a system in which recovery is the expected outcome for everyone with a mental health challenge. Via Hope’s compact team is comprised of passionate, innovative people with deep subject matter expertise and a diverse background of professional and personal experience that drives their work. Since its inception, Via Hope has been the leader in providing Texas Peer Specialist training, certification and professional development. Via Hope has also provided expert training, technical assistance, consultation and implementation support to behavioral health provider agencies in Texas in order to transform the Public Mental Health system toward a recovery orientation. Via Hope seeks to build on its eleven years of Peer Workforce Training and Development and Systems Change work to pursue opportunities outside of Texas in order to expand its national presence.
Our Mission: Via Hope is changing the way we all think about behavioral health.
For Via Hope’s Identity Statement: https://www.viahope.org/about/
Application Process: To apply please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com
Applications accepted through March 31 or until filled
Position Title: Chief Executive Officer, Mental Health Resource of Texas
(dba Via Hope)
Reports To: Board of Directors
Percentage Time: 1.0 FTE
General Description: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer of Mental Health Resource of Texas (dba Via Hope) has overall strategic and operational responsibility for the staff, programs, funding, and execution of the agency’s mission. One of the primary roles of the Chief Executive Officer is development and fundraising. The Chief Executive Officer must maintain an intimate knowledge of the agency’s core programs, operations, and potential for growth.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, accuracy and accountability in financial and administrative functions, and appropriate fundraising and communications strategies; and recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the organization’s strategic goals.
- Actively engage, inform, and motivate staff, board members, funders, partnering organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors, and serve as ex-officio member of each Board committee.
- Use a facilitative leadership approach to lead, coach, develop, and retain a high-functioning management team, adopting a collaborative approach to decision-making.
- Fundraising & Communications Responsibilities
- Develop a diversified revenue base while maximizing the contributions from existing grant funding sources.
- Ensure the agency has a robust communications strategy and plan, encompassing traditional media, web presence, social media, and other approaches that enhance and promote the organization’s brand, mission, and goals.
- Develop and maintain external relationships nationally that offer new opportunities for growth in programming and revenue.
- Thoroughly committed to the organization’s mission and have proven leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field, with 4 years of senior management experience and a track record of effectively leading a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff.
- A proven track record of fundraising and development.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and effectively manage a budget.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build alliances across a diverse network of stakeholders and partners.
- Knowledge and appreciation of complex health systems change work; ability to understand the implications of Via Hope’s mission across multiple systems and populations.
- Deep appreciation for the role of personal lived experience in shaping systems change;
- Experience with contracts and grants management with federal, state, local government and or private entities and foundations
- Personal “lived experience” with behavioral health challenges.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Ten (10) or more years senior management experience
- National marketing efforts
- Knowledge and experience with peer workforce development, person centered practices, trauma-informed care and recovery-oriented behavioral health system transformation
- Experience addressing racial equity and disparity within health care system(s)
Virtual office environment. Some overnight travel and occasional extended work hours.