Location of the position: 1123 N Main Street (1 position) and 5372 Fredericksburg Rd (2 positions)
Full time, part time, permanent, short-term, contracted position: Full Time
Brief (1-2 sentence) organization description: The Center For Health Care Services improves the lives of people with mental health, developmental disabilities and substance abuse challenges.
Job role and purpose: The Certified Peer Specialist uses their lived experience in mental health recovery to assist other adults in their mental health recovery.
• High School Diploma or GED
• CPS (Certified Peer Specialist) certification
• Self-identified as having direct personal experience living with mental illness and recovery, with a primary diagnosis of mental illness or dual diagnosis.
• One (1) year of experience working on recovery and able to manage own wellness
• Agree to disclose own mental illness diagnosis for the purpose of educating, role modeling and providing hope to others about the reality of recovery.
• Must maintain required credentials and mandatory training requirements to ensure compliance with all State regulations and CHCS policies.
• Experience working in an organization providing mental health services.
• Strong professional verbal and written skills.
To whom the position reports (supervisor): Ingrid Vergara
Salary and benefits info:
Recruiting and retaining talented individuals is important to us. At the Center for Health Care Services, we are committed to providing our employees with a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, affordable health and wellness benefits, generous paid time off, flexible work schedules, professional development opportunities and generous retirement savings options.
We have wide range of career opportunities and hope you will join us in our mission!
Apply online today at: www.chcsbc.org
The Center for Health Care Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline for application: None